CALL FOR PAPERS
You are cordially invited to participate in IADE/UNIDCOM's 8th International Conference: Senses & Sensibility in Lisbon, Design as a Trade.
The conference aims to provide an international forum for the dissemination and exchange of information which embraces the theoretical, applied, and/or related areas of design and marketing, and can be grouped into nine strands or categories (see information below). Such a discussion shall be accomplished through both keynote presentations, presentations by invitation, or parallel sessions.
All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by three independent referees from the conference's international scientific committee. A selection of the best papers (i.e., firstly, the conference's scientific committee suggests a number of best papers; and then, from these, the Radical Designist's editorial board chooses the final set), with registered authors, will be published in a special issue of the The Radical Designist journal.
Please notice that the registration of at least one (co)author per submission, by the 28 July 2015, is a requirement for inclusion in the conference's proceedings, presentation, as well as publication in "The Radical Designist" Journal.
In order to provide a greater opportunity for more people to present at the conference, each accepted paper should have a different conference registrant. However, co-authors may appear on multiple papers. Papers that have not been presented at the conference and/or have not met the scientific review and acceptance criteria will not be considered for publication in the journal.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
STRANDS AND THEMES
1. THEORY & RESEARCH
- Science and research methods
- New approaches and theories
- Applied research
- Aesthetics and design
- Culture and design
- Design criticism
- Design for evolvability
- The era of post-it design
3. PROCESSES & DESIGN MORPHOLOGIES
- Product life-cycle design
- Sustainability design
- Inclusion design
- Emotion Design
- Design and co-creation
- Craft design
- User-centered design
5. DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY
- Digital revolution
- Social networks
- Internet of Things
- Game design and Gamification
- User Experience
- Augmented and Virtual Realities
- Ubiquitous technology
- Positive technology
- Creative code
- Edutainment and entertainment
- Smart places
- Nanotechnologies and Design
7. DESIGN EDUCATION
- New media
- Visual literacy
- Design thinking and engineering education
- Design as an integrative tool for education
- Learning spaces
- New learning approaches
- Intergenerational educational approaches
- Diversity in learning and teaching
9. OPEN STRAND
2. HISTORY & HERITAGE
- Portuguese design history
- People in creative areas
- Project history
- Designing heritage for a digital culture
- Anthropology design
4. PRACTICE, METHODS & TOOLS
- Future trends and scenarios
- User research
- Consumer studies
- Design thinking
- Innovation and creativity
- Evolutionary Design
- Ergonomics and Design
- Design and collaborative technologies
- Virtual modeling
6. DESIGN & SOCIETY
- The culture of design
- Culture of innovation
- Social design
- Design and Gender Studies: women's tales
- The global influence of design
- Design and ageism
- Ethics, Politics and public policies
- Creative cities
- Design for communities
- Social empowerment
- Design and slow vs. fast movements
8. MARKETING & MANAGEMENT
- Sustainability Marketing
- Tribal Marketing
- Marketing of Health Services / Health marketing
- Service-Dominant Logic Management
- New Products and Services Development - Innovation and Co-creation
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Performance Metrics
- Ethics, Management and Marketing
- Marketing, Ergonomics and Design
- Marketing and co-creation
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
The 'Log in' to the Senses & Sensibility Conference Submission System should be used as your "Paper ID". Please DO NOT create a new submission system ID. Use your original and accepted paper submission ID. Please follow the template provided on this page EXACTLY.
The copyright form will be directly sent to the Author(s) at a later stage, during production. The copyright form will not be requested during the camera-ready (full paper) submission.
Your camera-ready (full paper), saved in the Microsoft Word Document file format (.doc or .docx), must be submitted to the Easychair system.
Instructions on how to prepare your presentation
In general, the duration of each presentation should be 15 min long, with 2 min for discussion. The session's chairs may, at their discretion, increase the time allocation to each presenter.
Prepare and bring your presentation file, saved in the Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt or.pptx) file format. Please note that Internet access will NOT be available in the meeting rooms.
Please check in at the Session Room, preferably 30-45 minutes before your session, to submit/upload your files and to preview your presentation. If you are to check in only on the day of your session/presentation, please arrive by at least 2 hours prior to the start of your session. Each room is equipped with a laptop and a projection system.
Session chairs and/or a support team, from the conference's organizing committee, will be available to assist you in uploading your files, and/or provide you with the opportunity to preview and/or edit the presentation, if necessary.
Bring a Backup: Please be sure to bring a backup copy of your presentation, with you, to the session.
FINAL NOTE: The Final Program may be changed due to speakers' unavailability to attend the conference.
DATES & DEADLINES
- Notification of Paper Acceptance: 14 July
- Submission of Final (accepted) Papers: 1 September
- Early Bird and Author Registration: until 28 July
- Preliminary Program: 8 September
- Conference begins: 5 October